AICRO is the Italian non-profit association that today groups 24 Italian or foreign CROs self-accredited by AIFA.
Founded in Milan in May 2004, it is a member of the European Contract Research Federation EUCROF.
AICRO, operates in the field of applied clinical research and has the objectives of:
- Promote the use of G.C.P. in clinical trials and other reference standards (GLP, GMP, etc.) as well as national and international guidelines, where applicable, in all phases of clinical research;
- Ensuring quality standards in the practice of members;
- Represent the views of members on clinical research issues;
- Represent member companies before regulatory authorities both nationally and internationally;
- Promote the training of staff involved in clinical research;
- Collaborate with other competent authorities and/or recognized Orders and Associations in order to further develop clinical research, taking into account in particular drug safety;
- Promote proper information on clinical research through the media.